Monday 11 February 2013

Initial Ideas


I thought long and hard about a basis for my Professional Make-up Project over the Christmas holidays to ensure that I began the term with high levels of motivation. I had the idea of taking a text of some form and reading into it to develop the characters in different ways. After giving it some consideration I decided to look at fairy tale characters that I had seen depicted throughout my childhood through storybooks and film makers like Walt Disney. Although these characters have been remodelled in what seems like a million different ways over the years, I was confident that in setting myself the right sort of brief I could come up with something new and innovative, and that would push my skills base further to prepare me for study at level 6. 
When I thought of traditional fairy tales, the first two authors that came to mind were Hans Christian Andersen and The Grimm Brothers, so I got my hands on a collection of both set of fairy tales and read a selection of each. I was surprised how different the original tales were from the stories I remembered as a child. I decided that in order to give myself a variety of options with research at the beginning of the project I would focus my attention on five stories and perhaps narrow these down later on when I began designing final make-ups. 
I decided to begin by researching into different examples of fairytale adaptations.

No comments:

Post a Comment